Good news to our Filipino travelers! Spain is open for tourism! Can we get a YAHOO there? And let’s all clap our hands! If you are planning to travel to Spain, make sure to follow the guidelines and the requirements for international travelers. This is an update as of August 26, 2021.
In this post, we have included the detailed guidelines and requirements for your trip to Spain. We will share the information about your Philippine passport, Health Control Form, Vaccines Accepted in Spain, Spain Visit Visa for Schengen Tourist Visa, Travel Insurance requirements, RT PCR Test, and Quarantine Measures. Make sure to get a pen and paper.
- Be mindful of your Philippine passport. It must be valid for at least 6 months after your last day of travel. For example it is now August 26, 2021, and your travel date to Spain is October 1-13, 2021 but your passport expires in November 2021, you are suggested to renew your passport before your tour to Spain. Your passport should have at least 6 months of validity before traveling internationally. For new and renewal applications of Philippine passports, here’s the link for the DFA’s online appointment.
- All Filipino travelers including those with flight transfers and children under 12 must fill out a health control form. This must be done before your travel dates for convenience. Most probably, you will arrive by plane so you may head over to this link for the health control form or simply download the Spain Travel App for android and iOs users. REMINDER: After filling up the form, you will receive a QR code which you need to present when boarding and arriving in Spain.
- You must be vaccinated. Filipinos traveling for tourism purposes will be allowed to enter Spain as long as they can provide a vaccination certificate. Accepted vaccines are those authorized by the European Medicines Agency and or World Health Organization. Here’s the list of accepted vaccines in Spain:
- Comirnaty – Pfizer/BioNTech Manufacturing GmbH.
- Vaxzevria – AstraZeneca
- AstraZeneca/SK Bio, SK Bioscience Co. Ltd.
- Vaccine AstraZeneca (Covishield™), Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
- Janssen-Cilag International NV.
- Spikevax; mRNA-1273), Moderna Biotech
- Vero Cell – Sinopharm/Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd.Sinovac-CoronaVac (Vero Cell), Sinovac Life Sciences Co., Ltd.
- REMINDERS: The vaccination certificate must include your full name, vaccination date, type of vaccine, number of doses administered, identification of the organization which provided the vaccine. In our cases, usually LGUs or Local Government Units conduct the vaccination. You may visit your LGUs website for details.
- You must have a valid Spain Visit Visa / Spain Tourist Visa. You may opt to get it yourself or make it worry free and hassle free when you let 926 Asia assist you. We specialized in visa services and we have a walk in office in Makati City. Reach our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or click in this link for our online form.
- Travel insurance is required for traveling to Spain. You need to show your confirmed travel insurance to your visa application as well as to the immigrations. The travel insurance policy must have coverage on covid19. Get your travel insurance here. We offer travel insurance with health coverage on covid19 up to 90 days. This is accepted widely for your trip to Schengen.
- You must present an Active Infection Diagnostic Test (AIDT) or also known as the RT-PCR Test Certificate – negative result. This must show that you are negative from the virus (covid19). Your negative RT-PCR Test result must be valid within 72 hours prior to your arrival in Spain. Please make sure to choose a DOH accredited clinic.
- Tourists under 6 years old are not required to present a negative RT-PCR test as per the Resolution of December 9, 2020 of the General Directorate of Public Health.
- Do I need to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Spain? The answer is NO. As announced in Spain’s official website, as of August 24, 2021, “no traveler is subject to quarantine upon arrival in Spain.”
Should you have any questions about Spain Travel Requirements / Guidelines this Pandemic, you may message us in our facebook or instagram, or just simply contact us online. Please note that information above change without prior notice. Make sure to do the research. 926 Asia is online travel agency with walk in office in Makati City, Philippines. We specialize in visa services since 2017.*