It was February 19, 2021, late Friday, when Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia made the announcement that Cebu will be open for domestic tourists starting this February 23, 2021.
The fierce Governor affirmed that… “Cebuanos will not agree that you will make our lives miserable. Don’t mess with us. We can take care of ourselves. I will not and never again accept a lockdown. I’ll fight for Cebu and Cebuanos because Cebu is moving on and moving forward.” Additionally, Garcia said that even with the increasing covid19 cases, Cebu have managed and have total control through existing protocols, as well as on its health care system not being overwhelmed. The good news on this is that, it will be easier for tourists to visit the province of Cebu.
If you are wondering on how to enter the beautiful island of Cebu as a tourist, make sure to provide
- Doctor’s Medical Certificate
- Confirmed accommodation for a DOT accredited hotel (Book here for discount!) Note: Minimum of 7 days for hotel booking confirmation.
- Identification Cards (Preferably valid passport,
- Round trip tickets
- Face Shield
- Face Mask(s)
- Travel Itinerary
- Bar Code Travel Reference Number – Register here at least 5 days before your travel.
- Persons with incomplete requirements shall not be accepted to board an aircraft (Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific and Air Asia).
- Since this was a recent announcement, and may subject to prior changes, you may avail of the affordable RT PCR test in the airport. Cebu Pacific offers it at PHP700. More details when you click here. On the other hand, Philippine Airlines also has partnership with a DOH accredited partner, Detoxicare Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory. Their RT PCR test cost PHP3,300 which results can be provided in 24 hours. To read more, visit this official webpage.
- You can read more on this news by visiting Inquirer.Net article.
Do you have any other questions? Contact 926 Asia Travel and Tours for your travel and tours needs. We are a DOT accredited travel agency situated in Makati City. Reach us at 09184880250 or through email@example.com.