Under the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, a Foreign Passport Holder is eligible and amenable to apply for a Permanent Residency in the Philippine only if he meets the following criteria indicated below.
- He contracted a valid marriage with a Philippine citizen.
- The marriage is recognized as valid under the Philippine laws.
- There is no record of derogatory information against him in any local or foreign law agency.
- He is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious, or loathsome disease.
- He has sufficient financial capacity to support a family and will not become a public burden.
- He was allowed entry into the Philippines and was authorized by Immigration authorities to stay.
- Permanent Resident Visa is only limited to 82 countries which grants permanent residence and immigration privileges to Philippine citizens.
- Residency in the Philippines is limited to Filipinas married to Foreign Nationals on select Foreign Passports.
- Permanent Residency in the Philippines for select Foreign Passport Holders is applicable to marriages that took place before 24 April 2001 or the couple has been married for at least five years.
Should you want to start the processing of your Permanent Resident Visa in the Philippines, contact 926 Asia Travel and Tours by heading to this link. We will submit you a list of requirements, and then we will check on the appointment date.